[asterisk-users] SPA400 and asterisk

Nick Seraphin asterisk at eaglequest.com
Wed Jun 13 02:44:08 CDT 2007

Wow... how did you get it to work with Asterisk?

I bought one a few months ago... played with it for 2-3 days... couldn't
get it going... so I stuck it in the basement on my "pile of projects to
work on when I have a bunch of free time to waste", hoping it doesn't
become a doorstop.

Did you have to upgrade the firmware to get it to work?  Or were there any
special config settings?  Like in the Grandstream 4104, I found out from
Support that they require the SIP account usernames to be all numeric, no
alpha characters, or it won't work.

I followed the instructions I found on a web site for getting the SPA400
to work with Asterisk, but when I duplicated their settings, it didn't
work at all for me.  I used my own experience to tweak various things, and
try different scenarios... until I finally gave up.

I'd love to get it working...  if you could share a sample config or other
advice, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

-- Nick