[asterisk-users] Softphone behind NAT issues

Rob Schall rschall at callone.net
Tue Jun 12 14:03:20 CDT 2007

Here's an update.

We now see RTP traffic being generated by the laptop using the
softphone. However its destination address is the asterisk servers
internal IP address and not the outside address it needs to be pointing
to. We set the externip setting, but that doesn't seem to change xlite's
behavor of where to send its packets back to.

Any thoughts?
Rob