[asterisk-users] Transfer caller direct to voicemail

Drew Gibson drew at oanda.com
Tue Jun 12 10:15:05 CDT 2007

Hi,

Our operator frequently gets requests to transfer a call directly to
voicemail in order for the caller to leave a message without disturbing
the callee. Basicly, I'm looking for a blindxfer to vm.

My first thought was to prepend a digit (eg 7) to the extension but this
does not fit well with our dialplan.

According to an article on voip-info.org Asterisk at Home appears to
implement this as #*XXX. I assume they are using an application map in
features.conf but I cannot see a way to pass the required extension to
the VoiceMail() application.

Can this be done in features.conf?

regards,

Drew