[asterisk-users] Bad Echo between SIP calls

Darryl Dunkin ddunkin at netos.net
Mon Jun 11 18:46:39 CDT 2007

The echo cancellation card is for SIP->Zap calls only, no echo
cancellation is done in Asterisk for SIP only calls. SIP to SIP, media
is just passed through the server  untouched (using media flow through,
which is the option in sip.conf of canreinvite=no) if you are not
handling any translation, even when handling translation between SIP
calls there shouldn't be any echo cancellation done in Asterisk for SIP
only calls.

The place to look at would be the remote SIP devices which is typically
what is adding the echo, this is usually a gain issue of some sort
depending on which handsets you are using.