[asterisk-users] Multiple ENUM entries and Asterisk fails to dial

rjcarvalho at reit.up.pt rjcarvalho at reit.up.pt
Mon Jun 11 12:58:52 CDT 2007

Hi,

I use Asterisk 1.2.17 in my site, and now I'm trying to configure ENUM
lookup in my server.

When someone calls a number that has multiple ENUM entries, randomly
Asterisk seems to fail to return a correct answer, and dial by ENUM
fails.

I've goggled a bit on this, but didn't get any good conclusion. There
is some RFC Compliant ENUM Macro that can be used that is announced to
solve this problem, but also it can be read that "It seems that
Asterisk 1.2.0 comes with a new powerful ENUMLOOKUP. So there is
probably no need to use this script anymore.". Should I still use that
macro?

It is already closed a Digium Issue Tracker concerning "handle
multiple records with the same order and priority", so, this problem
shouldn't be arising anymore, shouldn't it?

Does Asterisk 1.4 already solves this issue?

Regards,
Ricardo.