[asterisk-users] Asterisk as an SCCP client

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Mon Jun 11 09:28:50 CDT 2007

Hi all,

Has anyone tried using Asterisk as an SCCP client?

My company has just signed up a 2 year agreement with M5 (fools!!) but
are having intellectual issues with things like intra office phone calls
and voice mail etc. They suddenly realized after M5 was installed that
ALL their calls go out to the Internet and back and they don't like it.

M5 uses SCCP. Could an Asterisk box be configured to run as an SCCP
client (or many clients) so as to emulate the M5 handsets?

At least then we would be in control of our own calls and voice mail.

Mark