[asterisk-users] Polycom sip.cfg / voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation.x.request.y.event

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Sat Jun 9 21:13:26 CDT 2007

Hi all,

My company has pretty much standardized on Polycom phones and I am in
the beginning phase of writing a GUI for administering/managing polycom
provisioning at multiple sites which we intend to release as OS.  I've
started studying the docs and I'm having trouble understanding the
following xml attribute:

voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation.x.request.y.event

I understand what it does (at least conceptually) but ss the "x"
variable still referring to a server (1 or 2)?  And the "y" var, what is
it referring to?  An event?  Which one?

"Determines which events specified with the Event header should be
validated; only applicable when voIp-
Prot.SIP.requestValidation.x.request is set to
“SUBSCRIBE” or
“NOTIFY”.
If set to Null, all events will
be validated."

Please excuse me if it's an obvious question.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee