[asterisk-users] Bad Echo between SIP calls

Stephen Davies stephen.l.davies at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 03:00:02 CDT 2007

On 09/06/07, Deepak Naidu <deepak_nai at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ya, I have done that, below is zapata.conf.  Also we had an TMP card with
> analog lines. & SIP cals were great on them. & now when we switched over.
> SIP calls have echo.. which shouldnt be at all.

If you are getting echo on pure SIP to SIP calls, there's no point in
fiddling around with your zapta.conf.  That file is for configuring
chan_zap, which is used to talk to Zap/ channels.  Your calls are SIP
to SIP so the zap channel and your PRI aren't being used at all.

SIP calls are "pure digital" 4 wire lines so no electrical (Hybrid)
echo will be present.  The phones should not generate echo.  If they
are, they are presumably nasty phones (what kind are they?) and you
should get properly made phones.

Steve