[asterisk-users] Bad Echo between SIP calls

Deepak Naidu deepak_nai at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 8 18:00:09 CDT 2007

Hi,
          We have a PRI connection & when its was on test networks we had echo problems withoutside line.

So I bought a TE212P card resolve the echo problem.  Which did to an extent. Its using asterisk 1.2.18 & RHEL4-Update 4.

But now when we are live, there is a terrible echo between 2 SIP calls. If I call the same extension from outside the voice is clear.

I am not sure whats the problem.  Also there's slight echo when calling Digium support.

Totally lost Digium says we need to remove the echo module to resolve SIP echo problems. Then ? the heck we pay for...

Has anyone come through this issue.

--
Deepak