[asterisk-users] Changing the messages that are played when a user is unavailable/busy

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Fri Jun 8 13:41:10 CDT 2007

Timothy Parez wrote:

> I have my custom sounds which should be played instead of the default
> ones when a user is busy or unavailable:
>
>  "The person at extension XXX is not available right now, please...."
>
> Of course I can simply replace the files, but the problem is my
> implementation shouldn't (MUST NOT) mention the extension.
>
> My files say something like
>
> "The person you are trying to reach is not available right now.
>  If you want to contact this person on his cellphone, press 1,
>  if you want to leave a voice message, press 2 or wait."
>
> As you can see the extension is not mentioned, so simply
> replacing the files would probably cause something weird.
>
> Where do I define what message are/aren't played in this case?

Use the s (=skip) option to VoiceMail().

Playback(myfile);
Playback(vm-intro);
VoiceMail(${EXTEN},s);

  Philipp

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
     Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998