[asterisk-users] getting at ${CALLERIDNUM}

Phil Reynolds phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
Fri Jun 8 13:30:54 CDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 04:52:31PM -0400, Jared Smith wrote:
> On 6/7/07, Matthew Pease <matt at parkinghero.com> wrote:
> >  I'm having awesome fun with Asterisk  & voicepulse connect together.
> >  So cool.
>
> I'm glad you're having fun!
>
> >  I'm trying to have the caller id read back to me.    Do I need to do
> >something to have this sent across in the sip.conf?      Or is there
> >something I need to do somewhere to enable the reading of this data?
>
> If you're using Asterisk 1.4, the syntax has changed:

The 1.4 syntax works in 1.2 as well - I was getting warnings about
deprecated stuff and managed to work it all out of my dialplan.

That means my current dialplan should work just as well in 1.4 - though
things may start to change then, I can handle that at the time.

It's usually worth testing things out watching for messages of this
nature.

--
Phil Reynolds
 o  ____ mail: phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
|L_ \  / Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
(_)- \/  Waltham 66, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95