[asterisk-users] Changing the messages that are played when a user is unavailable/busy

Justin Moore wantmoore at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 12:02:31 CDT 2007

On 6/8/07, Eric ManxPower Wieling <eric at fnords.org> wrote:
> Log into your mailbox.  Press "0", then press the option listed to
> record your unavail and busy greetings.

I'm no expert, so someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but
you should be able to make one or two recordings and then either copy
or symlink that file in
/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/[context]/[user]/busy.[gsm|wav] and
/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/[context]/[user]/unavail.[gsm|wav]

If those files exist, Asterisk will play them instead of the default
"The person at extension XXX is not available right now, please...."

The only problem I forsee with this scenario is if the end-user goes
in to their voicemail and creates a new unavailable or busy message.
Surely you should be able to block them from over-writing those files
though my making them read-only.

Best of luck.
--
Justin Moore