[asterisk-users] agi with java?

Lenz lenz-ml at loway.it
Fri Jun 8 07:47:20 CDT 2007

Hello Matthew,
Java is not a great solution for AGIs because they are script you should
fire up and terminate very fast, while the overhead of launching a JVM,
JVMs in parallel loading everything multiple times.

This is not to say AGI is not feasible: you should look for FastAGI, where
* connects to an external server with resident proceses, and that suits
the Java model much better. Of course, if all you want to do is lookup the
callerid on mysql or something just as trivial, go for a 20-line Perl
script.

Just my two eurocents,
l.

--