[asterisk-users] Bridged PRI calls - processor involvement?

Steve Hanselman SteveH at brendata.co.uk
Fri Jun 8 02:59:42 CDT 2007

The setup.

Asterisk is on a 3G Zeon Dell 2850 running Fedora Core 5/6 (all yum
updates applied), the TE410 lives on it's own interrupt.
Asterisk sits between our telco and a PRI enabled PBX.
These are the relevant versions installed:

Linux: 2.6.20-1.2316.fc5smp
Zaptel: 1:1.4.2.1-34.fc5
Asterisk: 1:1.4.0-34.fc5.at
Libpri: 1:1.4.0-16.fc5.at
Wildcard details:
Found TE4XXP at base address fe3ffc00, remapped to f88bec00
TE4XXP version c01a016a, burst OFF, slip debug: OFF
Octasic optimized!
FALC version: 00000005, Board ID: 00
Reg 0: 0x377bb400
Reg 1: 0x377bb000
Reg 2: 0xffffffff
Reg 3: 0x00000000
Reg 4: 0x00000001
Reg 5: 0x00000000
Reg 6: 0xc01a016a
Reg 7: 0x00001f00
Reg 8: 0x00000000
Reg 9: 0x00ff0000
Reg 10: 0x0000004a
TTE4XXP: Launching card: 0
TE4XXP: Setting up global serial parameters
Found a Wildcard: Wildcard TE410P (3rd Gen)
TE4XXP: Span 1 configured for CCS/HDB3/CRC4
TE4XXP: Span 2 configured for CCS/HDB3/CRC4

The problem:

At random points during calls we lose 1-3 seconds of speech (both ways
both callee and caller), this can be replicated (or at least a very good
approximation!) by generating a high level of interrupt/cpu activity
(for instance copying data from a USB caddy as we tried the other day in
an attempt to reproduce this more reliably).

The calls are bridged PRI:PRI calls, no VOIP involvement.

This was not a problem until approx 3-4 weeks ago, but I can't tie it
down to an exact date.

Steve

> Interrupt sharing is not a problem anymore with those cards.  What
> version of zaptel did you try installing?  Can you explain more about
> your problems?  Also, your configuration and setup would help out as
> well.
>
> ---
> Matthew Fredrickson
> Digium, Inc.

The information contained in this email is intended for the personal and confidential use
of the addressee only. It may also be privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient then you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and
that any review, distribution or copying of this document is strictly prohibited. If you have
received  this communication in error, please notify Brendata immediately on:

+44 (0)1268 466100, or email 'technical at brendata.co.uk'

Brendata (UK) Ltd
Nevendon Hall, Nevendon Road, Basildon, Essex. SS13 1BX  UK
Registered Office as above. Registered in England No. 2764339

See our current vacancies at www.brendata.co.uk