[asterisk-users] UPDATE... 2 down, 1 to go (3 questions - variables, upgrading, and IRC)

Nick Seraphin asterisk at eaglequest.com
Thu Jun 7 18:47:42 CDT 2007

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007, Nick Seraphin wrote:

> 1)  How can I get a list of currently set channel variables for a specific
> channel in Asterisk, including custom variables set by the dialplan?  I
> don't want a static list of variables from a web site, I need the current
> dynamic list that shows custom variables that are specific only to this
> channel.

Still need an answer to this one.

> 2)  Where can I find a comprehensive list of problems and
> incompatibilities when upgrading from Asterisk 1.0 to 1.2 or 1.4?  I have
> a production machine that has been running on a CVS HEAD version from
> around the 1.0 days (definitely long before 1.2) and I understand a lot of
> things changed, like variables, functions, and syntax that were either
> deprecated or removed.  I need to prepare myself for the upgrade in
> advance to limit the amount of downtime to an absolute minimum, but this
> means I need to know what is going to break when I try to use my old
> configs (extensions.conf, sip.conf, etc.) with a 1.4 system?  I really
> don't want to put out the fires one by one, testing things until it
> finally works... I want to fix everything in advance before the upgrade.

Found UPGRADES.TXT in the source tar balls.  I was hoping for something a
little different, but this should work, so long as I read everything in
both the 1.2 and the 1.4 versions of the file.  I assume these files
contain all the known incompatibilities with upgrading... if not, please
let me know.

> 3) When I tried to go to the IRC network to ask these questions online, I
> found myself unable to get into #asterisk because I can't remember the
> password I used to register my nickname.  Is there a way to reset my IRC
> nickname/nickserv password?  Or is there a person in charge of it that I
> can email to get this taken care of?  Obviously, I would ask on IRC if I
> could, but I can't even get into the channel.

I finally figured out my password, so this is no longer an issue.

-- Nick