[asterisk-users] IAX-configuration

Andre Wangler awangler at ee.ethz.ch
Thu Jun 7 17:52:30 CDT 2007

Hi all

I have a network with nodes with different network-interfaces (e.g. node17
with interfaces A and B and node18). Asterisk listens to 17.A, 18's DUNDi
knows 17 by knowing ip B.
When I start a DUNDi request from 18 to 17 I get a response from A via B. So
B knows that the number can be reached at 17.A which is correct.

                A   -----------   B                      ----------
--------------+     17     +-----------------+     18    |
                      -----------                            ----------

But when I call this number and debug the IAX-transmissions I get something
like:

NEW from 18 to 17.A
AUTHREQ from 17.B to 18 (f....)
INVAL from 18

Why comes this AUTHREQ from 17.B and not from 17.A? Why can't I directly
speak with the main IP over IAX? The whole thing works great when DUNDI is
connected directily to the IP ASTERISK listens to. What can I do? Thanks for
your answer.

Best regards

André