[asterisk-users] Noise on FXS ports (Sangoma)

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Thu Jun 7 16:25:03 CDT 2007

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

>> BTW - my testing was  on Asterisk 1.2.17 with special pulse dial drivers
>> provided by Sangoma.
>>

> Why do you need special drivers for that? Doesn't Zaptel handle that?
> Though it will happily "identify" pulse digits larger than 10...

The Sangoma off the shelf patches to Zaptel don't , or didn't a couple
of months ago, properly handle pulse dialing into their FXS ports. David
Yat Sin identified the problem and provided a fix for 2 different
versions of their driver set over the past year. Since it isn't
something many would need, I don't believe it is noted in their Wiki.
The first attempt after a boot to pulse dial into the FXS port results
in the ability to break dial tone but it misdials into Asterisk. After a
hangup and subsequent attempts one cannot even break dialtone. The fix
indeed does fix the problem.
I can't say if this will ever get rolled into their standard set, as
David's English skills aren't up to his excellent support skills!

Don't even ask why about pulse dial - too long a story!

John Novack