[asterisk-users] getting at ${CALLERIDNUM}

Matthew Pease matt at parkinghero.com
Thu Jun 7 15:28:43 CDT 2007

Hi all --

  I'm having awesome fun with Asterisk  & voicepulse connect together.
  So cool.

  I'm trying to have the caller id read back to me.    Do I need to do
something to have this sent across in the sip.conf?      Or is there
something I need to do somewhere to enable the reading of this data?

   Thank you!
Matt

Here is my extensions.conf

exten => _XX.,1,Answer()
exten => _XX.,n,Playback(hello-world)
exten => _XX.,n,SayDigits(${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => _XX.,n,SayDigits(${LEN(${CALLERIDNUM})})
exten => _XX.,n,SayDigits(1234)
exten => _XX.,n,Hangup()

exten => _XX.,n,SayDigits(${LEN(${CALLERIDNUM})})    says  "zero"

and
exten => _XX.,n,SayDigits(${CALLERIDNUM})  says nothing at all.