[asterisk-users] Noise on FXS ports (Sangoma)

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Thu Jun 7 11:51:28 CDT 2007

Stephen Bosch wrote:
> Hi, John:
>
> This feedback is brilliant. Thanks. My comments follow.

You are most welcome

> Someone at Sangoma has this problem before and thinks it's the
> mainboard. They want us to try putting the card into another server to see if it will do the same thing.
You will of course need an OS and the wanrouter driver running, but it
shouldn't be necessary to install Asterisk
Stop Asterisk and see if, in addition to the dialtone disappearing, the
noise goes away.
That will eliminate Asterisk
BTW - my testing was  on Asterisk 1.2.17 with special pulse dial drivers
provided by Sangoma.

John Novack