[asterisk-users] Zaptel and Libpri compilation

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Jun 7 07:07:51 CDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 04:29:42AM -0700, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> Hi List;
>
> To compile the zaptel and libpri, do I have to have an
> diguim card (hardware) fixed in the server?

No. I build zaptel, libppri and Asterisk packages on a system with no
Digium (or similar) card...

Also note that if you need a zaptel timing source and have no zaptel
hardware, you can use ztdummy.

> Also, is there any problem if I compiled first
> asterisk and then I tried to compile zaptel and
> libpri?

The problem would be that Asterisk will not be able to use zaptel and
libpri you have built, as it was not available at asterisk build time.

Or maybe the Asterisk build used an older copy that happened to be
installed.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org