[asterisk-users] voice activated recording

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 7 02:05:43 CDT 2007

Hi,

I don't think Asterisk can do this yet but I was
wondering if one could start and stop voice recording
on demand (but via voice commands).

Our situation: some users would need to initiate a
call to a special extension/context dedicated to voice
recording. This can be done easily. However, once the
call is established, the users can't use their hands
but they would need to at least stop and start
recording. "Silence detection" (ie. no recording if
the user is not speaking) is not an option because the
user *will* need to talk but will not want it recorded
(and the user will not be able to turn the mic off).
In case you're wondering, this type of user is a
doctor.

I know that open source speech recognition is still
green in Asterisk but I was wondering if someone had
any ideas or previous experience in this matter.

Maybe there could be a "physical solution" through the
use of a specially-activated microphone (eg. using
anything but hands) but I still haven't found such a
product.

Suggestions appreciated.

Vieri