[asterisk-users] Voicemail marking messages as Old

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Wed Jun 6 22:39:22 CDT 2007

Jason Parker wrote:
> Yes, that is what Asterisk does.  I personally have never used a
> voicemail system that had any behavior other than that.  I certainly
> wouldn't expect it to be any different - however, it's possible that
> somebody would be willing to write a patch to allow that as an option.
If the listener disconnects before the message is finished playing, MANY
VM systems keep that message marked as new. The listener has to finish
the message OR press a digit to mark as delete or save.
The VM system in Asterisk is limited in many respects. Wasn't there a
rewrite of the system in progress??

John Novack