[asterisk-users] Asterisk call quality detection

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Wed Jun 6 14:33:04 CDT 2007

On 6/6/07, Mike Lynchfield <theclubvoip at gmail.com> wrote:
> also note vnaks are iax i think

For SIP traffic, you might want to look into RTCP (realtime transport
control protocol).  If you're getting RTCP reports, they'll help you
identify problems with the RTP such as jitter and lost packets.

Hopefully in the future we'll have the RTCP reports logged (either as
part of the CDR records, or in a Call Quality log of some kind).
Until then, I'm pretty sure you can listen for RTCP events through the
Asterisk Manager Interface, and log them yourself.

-Jared