[asterisk-users] WiFi SIP phones

Alberto Pastore alberto at msoft-italia.com
Wed Jun 6 06:00:55 CDT 2007

After trying painfully many many many flawed devices
we eventually found a very good solution
for our wi-fi network: Pirelli DP-L10.
It's a dual GSM/Wi-Fi SIP triband (800/1800/1900).

As a cellphone, no special note about it, but as a wifi phone,
it has two main features which make it worth using:

- excellent battery life
- excellent roaming support between different APs even with no L2 fast
   roaming support or WPA key caching

We now have 30 phones registered on an asterisk 1.2 server,
connected through a 14 access point network (using wpa-psk).

We've reached a DECT-level quality!

--
Alberto Pastore
B-Press Srl - Gruppo MSoft