[asterisk-users] Hardware spec comparison

Bobby Crawford bcrawford at stasyx.com
Tue Jun 5 13:33:43 CDT 2007

It could also be that network congestion is causing the quality degradation.
Do you have quality of service configured on the LAN?

You mention that you are "IP only"; does that mean you are doing local
traffic only or are you connecting to the public network via your internet
connection.  If you are connecting outside your site, your outside
connection could be saturated or having latency problems, etc.

Also, you could look at memory usage as Asterisk is a memory intensive
program.

So there's a few more things for you to think about.

Bobby