[asterisk-users] Cisco 7961G + 7914 Expansion Module

Eric Lubow elubow at linkexperts.com
Tue Jun 5 12:21:19 CDT 2007

All,

   Since I have now (at least partially) got my 7961G phones working
with Asterisk, I have temporarily moved on to try to get the expansion
modules working.  There doesn't seem to be much in the way of
documentation here either.  Does anyone have this combination working
(or any 79X1) here?

   My goal is ultimately to do the monitoring approach.  I have Google'd
around, but come up with little.  I want the office manager to be able
to see when the user is on the phone or when the phone is ringing (or
even be able to pick it up).

   I am looking to keep this operation within the SIP space, but if I
have to go with SCCP to get this module working (if there is a way to
make the phone treat the lines as protocol independent).  Does anyone
have any suggestions (or examples) as to how to accomplish this?
Thanks.

Eric

--
Eric Lubow