[asterisk-users] IAX2 Trunk No Sound

Arun Kumar arunvoip at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 12:06:40 CDT 2007

On 6/5/07, Noah Miller <noahisaacmiller at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Arun -
>
> > I've two boxes connected over IAX2 trunk before IAX I was using SIP
> trunk
> > and they were working fine b'coz of bandwidth issue I changed from SIP
> > IAX now I'm facing a strange problem after some time on the cli of my
> > asterisk box I see lots of messages of IAX2 trunk and b'coz of that my
> > agents are not able to hear any thing and I've restart my * box. Please
> > guide me what I do to resolve this issue.
>
> 1. How are these boxes connected (over the internet, on the same LAN,
> etc)?

Connected over Internet between two offices

2. Can you post your iax.conf and relevant portions of extensions.conf?

Server A
-------------
[general]
bindport=4569
bandwidth=high
tos=lowdelay

register => user:pass at server-B

[uk_trunk]
username=user
secret=pass
host=server B IP
qualify=no
context=default
type=friend
trunk=yes
disallow=all
allow=g729

[tcdubai]
type=friend
host=dynamic
trunk=yes
username=user
secret=pass
context=default
qualify=no
disallow=all
allow=g729

Server B
-------------
[general]
bindport=4569
bandwidth=high
tos=lowdelay

register => user:pass at server A

[dubai_trunk]
username=user
secret=pass
host =server A IP
context=default
type=friend
trunk=yes
disallow=all
allow=g729
qualify=no

[tcuk]
type=friend
host=dynamic
trunk=yes
username=user
secret=pass
context=default
disallow=all
allow=g729
qualify=no

exten.conf on Server B (Incoming)
--------------------------------
exten => _4XXX,1,Dial(IAX2/dubai_trunk/${EXTEN},,to)

exten.conf on Server A (Outbound)
exten => _0.,1,DeadAGI(
queueDial.agi|${EXTEN}|IAX2/uk_trunk/${EXTEN}|outbound|${CALLERID})

3. Can you post some of the CLI errors you mentioned?

iax2_trunk_queue: Maximum data space exceeded

and once this start it never gets stopped so I've to kill the asterisk and
restart the whole box. Instead of restart whole box if I just try to restart
the asterisk my agents not able to hear any voice.

thanks

arun