[asterisk-users] Digium Card

David Gomillion david.gomillion at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 09:07:18 MST 2007

On 6/5/07, Noah Miller <noahisaacmiller at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Most small/medium companies have a T1 for all their phone needs.
> > > Internally there is a need for some analog lines.
> > > * Fax Machine - FXS
> > > * Security System (most ask/demand two lines) FXS
> > > * Paging - FXO
> > > * Dialup systems
> >
> > I think he's asking why both T1 and FXS/FXO need to be on a single card.
>
> Probably for a small server with only one available PCI slot.  Back to
> the original question from Arun: I'm pretty sure there are no hybrid
> PRI/TDM cards.  At least, I'm pretty sure there are none that would
> work directly with Asterisk.

As one with experience with TDM cards, I highly recommend buying a channel
bank and connecting it to a T1 card. That way, you can get a 2-port T1 card,
a channel bank, and have your T1/TDM environment.

I'm not saying you can't do it another way, but I find that my lines
connected through channel banks are more reliable than those connected
through TDM cards.

YMMV