[asterisk-users] realtime ldap peer matching

Caio Zanolla caio at lpj.com.br
Tue Jun 5 07:01:00 CDT 2007

On 04/06/07, Caio Zanolla <caio at lpj.com.br> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> in ldap realtime sip peers i need "fullcontact" set to
>> "sip:exten at userip" for asterisk to correctly match the peers (at least
>> for the natted peers to reach them)...
>>
>> anyway, how do I populate fullcontact "on the fly" with information from
>> exten and userip?
>
> Wouldn't these just be dialplan vars?

What happens is when a natted client calls a non natted extension the
debug shows chan_sip building the peer and res_ldap complaining about
not finding fullcontact, then the calee is not found and the call is
disconnected.

If I manually add an attribute to the user w the correct fullcontact it
goes ahead and finds it and completes the call. Note that fullcontact is
not necessary for static peer, just realtime, cause if i try to reach a
non nat exten (static) from a natted one it works flawlessly

It has happened before as res_ldap was complaining about ipaddr, no
problem since I already got it as a user attribute. Im puzzeld about
peer building being so different for realtime. Not that I'm that
familiar w normal peer building, but relatime is very picky.

by dialplan vars you mean "fullcontact" on peer matching? well, i'd
really like to know how to manipulate it.

>> of course, i could just do it staticaly on ldap but since the info is
>> already there why not make use of it?
>>
>> on res_ldap.conf i have "attribute = fullcontact =>
>> AstAccountFullContact"
>> it would be nice to have something like:
>> attribute = fullcontact => "sip:".$AstExten."@".$AstIPaddress
>> or some kind of dialplan scripting to archieve this...
>
> I'm pretty sure res_ldap.c can't do this yet.
>
> What version (* and res_ldap) and schema are you using btw?

Im using * 1.4 svn checked out from res_ldap branch 4  weeks ago...

> IIRC, the latest version doesn't need:
>
> attribute = fullcontact => AstAccountFullContact
>
> just:
>
> fullcontact => AstAccountFullContact
sure, it works both ways...