[asterisk-users] wifi sip phone real-world experiences?

Paul Hayes paul at provu.co.uk
Tue Jun 5 02:12:32 MST 2007

Alex Crow wrote:
> Alban,
>
> Thanks! Where on earth did you source this? I can't seen to find hide
> nor hair of it here in the UK :(
>
> Alex
>
> On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 16:01 +0200, Alban wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I've tested several wifi phone (UtStarcom, Hitachi 3000 and 5000, and one
>> Siemens). The Siemens is the best one, for a really cheaper price than
>> hitachi. And was the only one which roams well between AP (same SSID, same
>> channel) with WPA. Battery is still a problem, especially if the coverture is
>> not very good everywhere. But that was the best one I could test... The
>> reference is : Gigaset SL75 WLAN.
>> Hope it helps
>> Alban

It's not available in the UK, Siemens pulled the UK varient of the
product due to lack of demand.  They'll only release something in a
country if companies place orders for 1000's of the product.  There
simply isn't the demand for Wifi phones in the UK to sell them in a
reasonable amount of time.

I have one of them in my desk drawer which I've had for a good while,
it's pretty good but as someone else said, not as good as DECT.

cheers,
Paul.