[asterisk-users] CDR timing

Steve Murphy murf at digium.com
Mon Jun 4 06:33:44 MST 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 15:44 -0500, Rob Schall wrote:
> A simple question but one I can't seem to find easily...
>
> I have 90 or so DIDs. For all outbound calls, I edit the callerid so
> that it will always read out main line's number. This poses a problem
> though, because the CDR detail isn't written until after everything is
> done. So when you look at the detail, the number you are calling is over
> written with this new caller id for some reason.
>
> Any thoughts how to better get an accurate reading of the calls, or
> another way to mask the caller id?
>
> Rob

 Rob--

You've left out some details, like where the callerid info you want to
see is stored. Every channel keeps track of ani, rdnis, and dnid as
well, and depending on the driver, usually only the ani or the plain
callerid name/num end up in the CDR records.

In the dialplan, you can attach other info onto a CDR by setting, for
example, the CDR userfield, to one of these values, and hopefully, you
can get this info out into a CDR so you can arrange your billing info
accordingly...

Also, keep in mind that the CDR is a separate data structure, and only
gets updated at certain times, and you are only allowed to set certain
fields via dialplan funcs. (and the CID info isn't on that list!).

murf

--
Steve Murphy
Software Developer