[asterisk-users] Auto Dial Problem

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Sun Jun 3 17:14:21 MST 2007

Steve Totaro wrote:
> [...]
>>> exten => s,1,Answer()
>>> exten => s,2,Wait(2)
>>> exten => s,3,Playback(custom/reminder5)
>>>
>>> Once asterisk start to execute .call file, my handset
>>> rings but the console shows Playback(custom/reminder5)
>>>

>> I believe that it is because you are using zap lines to dialout.  Zap
>> lines are considered answered almost immediately.  The believe digital
>> and VoIP channels on the other hand have the call supervision that can
>> distinguish when an answer is made.
>>
>> Any kind of dialout like that, I just use my sip service provider.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Warm Regards,
>>
>> Lee
>>

> This may be true with analog zap channels but not T1 PRIs.
> Additionally, some VoIP providers "answer" the call prior to initiating
> the second leg of the call.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that.  I'm still getting my feet wet with 4-10
extension installs.

> Who is your provider that does not give you an answer until the call is
> really answered?

www.axvoice.com

     -- Executing Macro("SIP/111-08e74378",
"DialOutside|SIP/axVoice/302381XXXX") in new stack
     -- Executing GotoIf("SIP/111-08e74378", "1?2:4") in new stack
     -- Goto (macro-DialOutside,s,2)
     -- Executing Dial("SIP/111-08e74378", "SIP/axVoice/302381XXXX||T")
in new stack
     -- Called axVoice/302381XXXX
     -- SIP/axVoice-08e798b8 is making progress passing it to
SIP/111-08e74378
     -- SIP/axVoice-08e798b8 answered SIP/111-08e74378

I had to test it again to be sure.  The last output line indicating the
channel was answered was outputted by the CLI only after I answered my
cell phone.

> Last I checked, IAX.cc (now Vitelity) was giving me answered
> immediately.  I am not sure that is the case anymore.

I've only had axvoice and telasip.  Can't remember if telasip worked the
same way or not unfortunately.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee