[asterisk-users] SIP Options Reply Ignored

Ian Clough ianasterisk at intech.co.uk
Sun Jun 3 09:56:19 MST 2007

Hi

I have FC6 system in the office running SVN-trunk-r63567

It is behind a NAT router which I have configured to do port forwarding etc.
Asterisk connects and registers correctly to my SIP service (Sipgate.co.uk)
and I can make and receive calls from any SIP phone on the office LAN.

The problem comes when I try to use a SIP phone at home (also behind a NAT
router). The phone registers correctly and I can see the SIP OPTONS packets
being sent to the phone (SNOM 190).  I can see an OK reply being received by
Asterisk (using SIP DEBUG). However the OK reply appears to be ignored and a
retransmission is made and the phone is marked as UNREACHABLE and will not
accept any calls.

Any ideas?

Ian C