[asterisk-users] Centos kernel source

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Sun Jun 3 07:53:32 MST 2007

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> Thanks for the detailed procedure. One update:
>
> On Sun, Jun 03, 2007 at 03:31:53PM +0200, Philipp Kempgen wrote:
>
>> Here's what I did:
>>
>> yum update
>>
>> reboot
>>
>> yum install kernel-devel-`uname -r`
>>
>> yum install gcc gcc-c++ compat-gcc-32 compat-gcc-32-c++ autoconf \
>> libtool make automake automake14 automake15 automake16 automake17 \
>> bison byacc flex libtermcap libtermcap-devel newt newt-devel \
>> ncurses ncurses-devel openssl-devel zlib zlib-devel krb5-devel
>>
>> cd /usr/src/
>> wget -c http://ftp.digium.com/pub/zaptel/releases/zaptel-1.4.1.tar.gz
>> tar -xzf zaptel-1.4.1.tar.gz
>> cd /usr/src/zaptel-1.4.1/
>
> There is a later version:
>
>   # if you get an 404 message here, check if there's a newer version of
>   # zaptel:
>   wget http://ftp.digium.com/pub/zaptel/zaptel-1.4.2.1.tar.gz
>   tar -xzf zaptel-1.4.2.1.tar.gz
>   cd zaptel-1.4.2.1
>
> #and from here continue as usual:
>
>> ./configure && make clean && make && make install && make config
>> modprobe ztdummy

That was just a copy & paste from what I did on a CentOS 4.4
ServerCD several months ago. Not sure if all of the packages
are needed for zaptel but it works for me.

  Philipp

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
     Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998