[asterisk-users] zaptel on CENTOS servercd

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Jun 3 07:22:57 MST 2007

On Sun, Jun 03, 2007 at 10:14:10AM -0400, Steve Totaro wrote:

> [...]

Obsolete as in "buggy". Specifically, I have asked our dear friend jbot
for its opinion:

<jbot> well, centosbug is a problem with the 2.6.9-42 kernels prior to
2.6.9-42.0.1. If you can't compile zaptel, do a 'yum update', you're
running an old kernel. If you HAVE to run an old kernel, the fix is "sed
-i s/rw_lock/rwlock/ /usr/src/kernels/*/include/linux/spinlock.h"

Now, if you wish that to beginners, then all the best for you.

> Maybe, but I don't think the definition is an accurate adjective for the
> stock kernel.
>
> At any rate, simply removing the commented lines concerning updating the
> kernel in the repo files fixes that problem of upgrading the "cripelling
> yum configuration".  That should take you less than one minute.
>
> Then downloading and building and installing Asterisk in the regular
> fashion fixes any zaptel issues.

And is that supposed to save you the simple:

  yum install kernel-devel

Because it sounds like you just did that. And a whole lot more.

Enjoy :-)

And then again, with Debian it is even simpler ;-)

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com