[asterisk-users] Auto Dial Problem

Nasir Iqbal nasir at ictinnovations.com
Sun Jun 3 02:43:13 MST 2007

Hi,

> I setup auto dial on my asterisk server. The problem
> is asterisk does not wait for called party to answer
> the call but proceed to process the extension specifed
> in my .call file

No problem with Auto Call

> exten => _01N.,1,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN},20)

the problem with zap channel

try callprogress with yes in zapata.conf

It may cause another problem, "after remote party has picked up the
call" and asterisk still does not know it. and in ringing status.

if your dial plan work fine now, then no need to change rxgain.
otherwise.

Just Increase your rxgain value. try with different values and choose
best one.

if rxgain greater then desired value > ?? you my receive invalid report
that remote party has picked up.

if rxgain less then desired value < ?? you my receive invalid ringing
report after call is answered.

so adjust it according your requirement and also check noise and quality
your PSTN lines.

Regards

Nasir Iqbal

ICT Innovations