[asterisk-users] how to make busy sign

Csaba Tóth tsabi at tsabi.hu
Sat Jun 2 09:37:10 MST 2007

Hi list!

I need a little help!

At a company we have a nortel meridian 11 PBX, and we should set up an
asterisk based PBX between the meridian and the telco. So we can catch
up the calls from the telco, we can forward the calls what we need to
handle at the old PBX and not forward what we handle at the asterisk
side. And we can make much better call log than the meridian. This is
already done, and works very well :)

The meridian has four Nokia GSM gateways connected. We have a four port
analogue card in the asterisk PBX, but when we connect the GSM adapters
to the asterisk, the meridian didnt forward the calls to the telco
(where is our asterisk now), it tries to forward to the GSM gateways
still. The operators of the meridian didnt wish to programme out this
function, because they dont want their "great" meridian to changed out. :S

So i should make a busy sign at the cables. How can i do that? It is a
four wired RJ-11.

I heard somewhere if i close the middle two pins it will make a busy
sign, but that havent worked.
Any suggecstions? Or somebody knows how can i hack this meridian? I
havent got any access to the programming interface :(

Please help,
ty,
tsabi