[asterisk-users] SugarCRM Integration

Duncan Turnbull duncan at e-simple.co.nz
Sat Jun 2 02:15:32 MST 2007

If you look through the Trixbox without Tears by Ben Sharif - google for it, it's a good read for things you can do for asterisk

Ch 31 has this below

I would search the tribox and sugar forums for more info - really its just using click to dial from sugar, and potentially CID
lookup - I am not sure if it is using

Cheers Duncan

SugarCRM is a contact management software that comes bundled with Trixbox.

To set up SugarCRM, first, you need to open the SugarCRM application

http://<your.trixboxip.address>/crm using the default username of Admin and the

password of password.

For security reason you should change the Admin password. To do this, click on 'My

Account' in the upper right-hand corner, then click on the 'Change Password' button

underneath 'Users: Administrator (Admin) in the center-left of the screen.

Change it to a new password and confirm your new password and click 'Save.'

Now it's time to set up your contacts. I will start off setting up a couple of my internal

extensions.

Click on 'My Account' again and then click the 'Edit' button.

Change 'Asterisk Phone Extension' to your Asterisk extension. My extension is 2001.

While you are at it, change your time zone and date format as well.

Click 'Save' to save that information.

Let's add another one.

Click on the contacts tab and then select 'Create Contact' from the left hand Shortcuts

menu.

Add another extension, in my case I chose my daughter's extension 2002:

Firstname: Norsurya

Last name: Sharif

Home: 2002

Click 'Save' to save that information.

Add another and another if you want to, using the method above.

At this point, you may find that you are unable to make a phone call through SugarCRM.

This is due to a little bug in the popup_picker.php (this bug may have been fixed by the

time you read this, but at the time of writing, this bug exists).

To fix this bug, you need to edit popup_picker.php by doing the following:

>From your Linux CLI, log in as root.

cd /var/www/html/crm/modules/Contacts

nano Popup_picker.php

Browse down to line 121 and change it from:

$number = preg_replace ( "/[^\d\*]/", "", $number );

$number = preg_replace ( "/[^\d\*]/", "", $display_number );

TRIXBOX Without Tears Page 136 of 209

You should now be able to dial from SugarCRM to your other internal extensions and to

the outside world.

Note: You can add multiple users who will each have their own settings/contacts/etc.

  _____