[asterisk-users] False ring problem

Rizwan Hisham rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 01:19:25 MST 2007

Well i am not sure if they were using the 'r' option in the dialplan or not.
We only queried them about our problem, and after sometime they told us that
the problem is fixed. It working fine now. As the only possibility for false
ringing we know is the 'r' option in the dial application, i just assumed
they were using it but im not sure.

On 6/1/07, Ricardo Martins <rpoppi77 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree with Eric. The situation gets worse when you comes to know that
> some bad carriers uses the "-r" statement to lead the user to think that
> its call is already ringing when it is, in fact, still looking for a
> circuit/network to connect....
>
> Well, in any of those cases, the solution is simple: Stay far from them!
>
> Rgds, Ricardo Martins.
>

> Eric "ManxPower" Wieling escreveu:
> > In my opinion, any carrier that adds "r" to a Dial line without a
> > VERY, VERY good reason is not a carrier that I want to use.  Using "r"
> > is a classic newbie problem.  It indicates a serious lack of
> > understanding about Asterisk.
> >
> > Rizwan Hisham wrote:
> >> Well, you r right. This was the carrier`s fault. Its been removed on
> our
> >> request and now we r okay. thanx to all.

> but

Rizwan Hisham
Software Engineer
AXVOICE Inc.