[asterisk-users] Scaling Asterisk: Dual-Core CPUs not yielding gains at high call volumes - Low volume benchmarks

Matthew J. Roth mroth at imminc.com
Fri Jun 1 09:15:46 MST 2007

John Hughes wrote:
> For me all these numbers look too small to be useful for benchmarking.
John,

They are small, and they are probably more useful as baseline numbers.

I'm working on writing up some data I've collected off of our production
switch.  The call range is 0-450 at 10 call increments.  Unfortunately,
it's a live environment so it's less than ideal for benchmarking.  The
makeup of the calls varies, I'm relying on historical data (ie. I can't
reproduce the scenarios), and my sample sizes are much bigger for 0-300
calls than they are for 300-450.

Nonetheless, there is some knowledge to be gained by studying the
numbers and I'm sure that 300 calls constitutes large scale for most
people.  In the future, I'd like to recreate these numbers using
something like SIPp to give me more control.  Until then, I'm working
with what I have.

Thank you for your replies,

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions