[asterisk-users] Cisco 7961G

Eric Lubow elubow at linkexperts.com
Fri Jun 1 09:03:56 MST 2007

All,

   I am having a lot of trouble with the Cisco 7961G phones.  I have
managed to get them up and running with Asterisk to the point where I
can get incoming calls and make outgoing calls.  The problem is when I
make outgoing calls or extension to extension calls, the calls die after
20 seconds.  I have google'd around and came up with little that is of
help.  The firmware version I am using on the phone is 8.0.4SR1.

   I have tried tcpdumping the conversation and I see that the phone
doesn't send the SIP/SDP ACK packet back to the remote end.  Sometimes
it does, but that's a rarity.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or
reason as to when it will send the SIP/SDP ACK.  All I see is the
following before the phone hangs up at 20 seconds (201 is the phone and
205 is the Asterisk Box):

10.230103 192.168.0.205 -> 192.168.0.201 SIP/SDP Status: 200 OK, with
session description

   Is there a newer version of the firmware that fixes this?  Is there a
setting in Asterisk that can fix this?  Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Eric