[asterisk-users] how can qualify=yes trigger some external event?

Anthony Francis anthonyf at rockynet.com
Fri Jun 1 08:23:48 MST 2007

Watkins, Bradley wrote:
> [...]
qualify=yes generates events that can be viewed from AMI, they are:
'Event: PeerStatus'
'PeerStatus: Lagged'

'Event: PeerStatus'
'PeerStatus: Reachable'

The other fields give the peer name and like, for more details view the
chan_sip.c source, the calls you are interested in there are to a
function called manager_event().

I personally have an perl script that camps the AMI and alerts me when
these events occur.