[asterisk-users] Thank you Asterisk mailing list!

Ricardo Martins rpoppi77 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 06:02:32 MST 2007

I was very happy to hearing your story Brad. A couple of times almost
the same thing happened with me. Problems with NAT, module compilations,
that I could solve without sending a single question to the list: Just
searching for its arquive.

As a reflection, all the Free Software/Open Source world became huge as
it is today, due to proactive work of its members. Answering questions
and working on code without imediate financial rewards.

Thinking this way, I invite those who think about the open source
communities just as a "zero price" and its mailing lists as a space to
wait passively for answers, to rethink its own ideas. Before asking for
something and adding "trash" to communities mailing lists, DO A WORK OF
RESEARCH and then, send to the list what you made to solve (the
solutions), even if you don't need the help of the list for that issue
anymore.

Thanks for the oportunity to talk about this, Brad.

Rgds, Ricardo Martins.