No subject

Thu Jul 12 09:23:04 CDT 2007

described (stop accepting calls and shut down when all calls have
completed). If you don't want to stop accepting calls, but still want to
stop Asterisk when there are no active calls, you can use "stop when
convenient". The same qualifiers ("gracefully" and "when convenient") can be
applied to the "restart" command.

Cheers,
AR

On Dec 10, 2007 7:29 AM, Jeng Yu <jengyu2007 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> My Gurus!
>
> I'm still playing with asterisk in the lab here. There
> is a feature that I need in a production asterisk
> system. I was wondering if it already exists in
> asterisk.
>
> When we want to shutdown a production asterisk system,
> we would like the shutdown to happen after there are
> no
> more calls being processed. In other words, a shutdown
> command that does the following:
>
>   - block asterisk from receiving/answering all new
>     connection requests
>
>   - monitor existing call connections it is currently
>     handling
>
>   - when all calls/connections have ended, then
> effect
>     the shutdown and stop the asterisk process.
>
> Is there a way to do this in asterisk now, and how?
>
> This would be the ultimate graceful shutdown; perfect
> for routine system maintenance tasks on production
> servers handling continuous traffic.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeng

------=_Part_22129_15981493.1197291649790

Hi Jeng,<br><br>From the Asterisk CLI type &quot;stop gracefully&quot; and it will do exactly what you described (stop accepting calls and shut down when all calls have completed). If you don&#39;t want to stop accepting calls, but still want to stop Asterisk when there are no active calls, you can use &quot;stop when convenient&quot;. The same qualifiers (&quot;gracefully&quot; and &quot;when convenient&quot;) can be applied to the &quot;restart&quot; command.

------=_Part_22129_15981493.1197291649790--