No subject

Thu Jul 12 09:23:04 CDT 2007

about something else than the IP Trunk, he is talking
about outbound (which is related to using an
application to run an outside call, which is used
usually in campaign in contact centers and so on), I
think nthis case differs that placing a calls via IP
Trunk or even outside call but the caller who will do
it (and not the application).

Lastly, Mr. Amit helped me when he gave me a
configuration to be done for the SIP Trunk, as in his
method, I did not register on the softswitch, I send
directly, and the connectioned succeed, but as I said:
with complete voice (actually nothing understood, i
feel it is complete RTP situation), the test was by
letting Asterisk behind NAT (private IP) and sending
to a softswitch in anther country has a public IP
address. Is it NAT issue, so VPN can resolve?

Note: anyone knows if h323 works better in the IP
trunk?

Regards
Bilal

----------------------------------
yeah i found openvpn helpful in NAT cases.

-Vivek

On 11/6/07, Baji Panchumarti
<baji.panchumarti at gmail.com> wrote:

> after a copious loss of follicles :-), I finally got
outbound
 working.

> Basically the channel statement in the call file
needs to have the
> number to be called. For eg., in  test.call  format
the statement
> as follows :
>
>    Channel: SIP/3012345678@<your-sip-provider>
>
> And there is no need for a DIAL statement in
extensions.conf
> unless you need to dial an additional number /
extension.

> Then in sip.conf you need a para that matches
<your-sip-provider>
> with the relevant auth info.
>
> These two wiki pages, they were very helpful in
figuring out a

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+auto-dial+out

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+auto-dial+out+deliver+message

> hth,
>
> -baji.
>
> --
>
> On Oct 30, 2007 8:43 AM, Gabriel Natale  wrote:
>
> > I have the same problem.
> >
> > I trying with more 4 SIP providers, the account is
registering,
 receive
> > inboud calls, but can`t make outbound calls for
"congestion".