No subject

Thu Jul 12 09:23:04 CDT 2007

skype has been discussed here. This Friday, one of the subjects of our
weekly Voip Users Conference will be about trying to connect our
asterisk pbx with Skype.

I have no nexus with Skype, Paypal or Ebay. In fact, (Note for
google:) I have had recent serious ID theft problems resulting in
fraudulent sales that Ebay is not helping me resolve - I hate Ebay -
Ebay does NOT seriously fight fraud, they sweep it under the rug.

Still, many of us are interested in this asterisk-Skype connection.
For me, the "big attraction" is that our customers, many of whom have
travelers in hotels connected the *their* home offices via Skype could
call in to our system free of LD charges. Good for the customer. For
us it means I don't need a PC running Skype to get that call, I can be
on vacation with no computers on and get that Skype call on a $60
Chinese IAX2 phone (or even a regular phone) and have our CDR note the
time and length of the call.

I would really like to hear from someone has who *successfully and
satisfactorily* connected to Skype and continues to do so in a
business setting.

Please consider joining the Voip Users Conference to tell your story:

http://VoipUsersConference.org

Fridays at 12:30 Eastern Time in the USA. Any links to full accounts
and stories of successful ploys to use skype and asterisk together
(other than the obviously googleable) are welcome here of course, tia.

There are other reasons to join the VOIP Users Conference such as the
great core group of people we have with us from Digium, Voicepulse,
IPKall, Trixbox, Lumnevox and the users community in general.

Regards,

Randy