[asterisk-users] asterisk on 64-bit?

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 18:26:02 CDT 2007

On 7/31/07, Benjamin Jacob <benjamin.jacob at mgl.com> wrote:

> Hello ppl,
> Searched all over, but couldn't find anything conclusive.
> Does an off-the-shelf version of Asterisk run without any issues on a
> 64-bit machine?
> Does anyone have any 'conclusive' figures?
>
> Apologies if this is a repeat question. Would appreciate if I could be
> redirected to the appropriate link.

Yes. We run a few production machines using the x86_64 version of SuSE Linux
10.1 and Sun Fire x2100 servers for over a year using Asterisk 1.2.x built
from source. In addition SuSE includes Asterisk, Zaptel, SpanDSP, app_txfax
& app_rxfax however they are bad with updates (for Asterisk packages) so I
would suggest you roll your own.