[asterisk-users] AsteriskNOW and Custom VoIP

Pietro Melideo melideo at pobox.com
Tue Jul 31 12:43:06 CDT 2007

Guys,

I've downloaded AsteriskNOW few days ago so I'm new to this product.

The first issue is on service provider area.

I've already used a VoIP account already configured with my ISP, it
works fine!

This configuration has been used until now with the client SJphone,

Now I would use this profile as main VoIP service provider to setup
in AsteriskNOW.

Here are the profile detail as reported inside SJphone:

Type: SIPProxy

Initialization: Account, Password (Inquired-Saved-Required)

Sip Proxy:

Proxy domain and User domain are identical, with port 5060

Register with proxy= yes
Proxy is Strict inbound=yes

...in advanced options...

Unregister contact address only=yes

the other settings are SJphone defaults and the stun tab does not have
any server address.

How I tranpose these settings on AsteriskNOW?

Is my profile usable as service profile with AsteriskNOW, and
build a pool of extensions to be used with a sjphones installed on
one or more
clients of my LAN for both inbound an outbound calls?

My Asterisk server is connected with an ethernet connection to my DMZ
network.

Could you give me some help and/or indication for docs regarding this
issue?

I suppose that AsteriskNOW (beta 6), after a custom SIP provider
configuration,
should open the 5060 TCP/UDP port. Instead making a portscan from
tha client on which I'm trying SJphone client getting to work, I see
these
ports open:

	 Open TCP Port: 	21
	 Open TCP Port: 	22		pcanywherestat
	 Open TCP Port: 	25
	 Open TCP Port: 	80
	 Open TCP Port: 	111
	 Open TCP Port: 	443
	 Open TCP Port: 	763
	 Open TCP Port: 	1192
	 Open TCP Port: 	1560
	 Open TCP Port: 	1720
	 Open TCP Port: 	2000
	 Open TCP Port: 	2049		bgmp
	 Open TCP Port: 	3306
	 Open TCP Port: 	4000
	 Open TCP Port: 	5038

As you see port 5060 is not listed.

The Asterisk server is on the DMZ 192.168.156.XXX

The client is on a GREEN net 192-168.10.XXX served with DHCP

Any suggestion/tip/idea?

Thanks...

Piero Melideo
melideo at pobox.com