[asterisk-users] Zaptel channel reservation

Jack jack.ssh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 04:36:41 CDT 2007

Tzafrir Cohen schrieb:
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 10:06:30AM +0200, Jack wrote:
>
>> Tzafrir Cohen schrieb:

>>> and then in extensions.conf:
>>>
>>> [hangup-calls]
>>> ; not sure that this is precisly the right thing to do:
>>> exten => s,1,Hangup
>>>

>> This is a solution I was thinking about too, but there is one major problem:
>>
>> When there is a outgoing call, asterisk takes the first available
>> channel , in case there are no active calls this is Zap/22 for outgoing
>> calls in my configuration. If there is a incoming call immediatly after
>> the outgoing call is hangup, asterisk (or the telco?) does not take the
>> first available channel - which would be Zap/1 - it takes Zap/22
>> instead. So with this solution this incoming call would get lost even
>> when there are no other incoming calls at all.
>>

> This is because you use Dial(Zap/g3) . Use Dial(Zap/G3) to make asterisk
> start from the last.
>
> You would then need a higher load for calls to be wasted that way.

I use Dial(Zap/g2) for outgoing calls. When I change this to
Dial(Zap/G2) asterisk uses Zap/28 for the first active outgoing call,
but the problem remains the same. When a call comes in a few seconds
after the outgoing call is hangup, the call comes in on Zap/28 even if
all other channels are not active.