[asterisk-users] software bloat - is this really useful to anyone?

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Tue Jul 31 04:27:22 CDT 2007

Am Montag, den 30.07.2007, 14:29 -0700 schrieb Lee Howard:
> http://www.asterisk.org/node/48327
>
> I mean, really... you're kidding me, right?

It is not at all April 1st... however, I see the point in having a
simple demo app. Wether you call it helloworld or hellomarc, the
difference is not too large, right?

For me having a working example codebase has been a helpful guide in
programming modules for existing applications (not Asterisk yet,
though). You carve out "Marco" and put in your own code, there you are.

Besides that and an overly eager "Mr. Smithers" programmer, I do not see
a point ;)

BR
Anselm